The plywood kits do not include the plans or the epoxy/glass!
Precision Cut Plywood Kit
The precut plywood kit includes all the plywood needed to build the boat as
If the boat plans show options, the CNC kit will be based on the most commonly
built version. In case of doubt; please consult us.
The kit is cut on a computer controlled router system (CNC numeric machining)
for extremely accurate and precise panel creation. All parts are cut from BS
1088 Okoume plywood to the designer's specifications. Each panel is
cut leaving tabs between the piece and the waste plywood. This allows for safer
shipping leaving small tabs for the customer to cut out, much like taking apart
the pieces of models when we were kids.
Most kits include features not shown on the plans. If applicable, we supply
temporary/throwaway MDF molds - a huge time saver. In many cases, we cut notches
in stringers and frames/bulkheads for easy assembly without measuring. In almost
all kits, we pre-drill stitching holes along the chine and keel.
Thanks to our assembly system, you put your boat together in a few hours as
described in our building method description. No need to measure or transfer
dimensions and the precision is guaranteed. This means:
See the kit assembly notes here.
- Everything fits the first time.
- A very short construction time.
- The satisfaction of looking at a real boat hull in your shop after only
one or two days.
- No woodworking experience needed: ideal for 1st time boat builders.
- Fewer tools and less space required for assembly.
The PDF file will open in a new window.
Note that the FS18 kit is available in 3 versions:
- the standard version is the one with the cambered sheer line and hard chine.
- there is a round chine version with the straight sheer (flush deck)
- the same round chine straight deck version but with a longer foredeck. For that version, we add an un cut sheet of plywood for the longer deck. The cost of that sheet of plywood will be added to your order.
If you do not specify an option in the comment box of the order form, we will assume that you want the standard version. Or email/post on the forum to discuss options.
As each kit is cut to order, shipping time will vary from 2 to 3 weeks depending
on your location and trucking time. The kit is packaged as a pallet of full
plywood sheets (see the tabs system described above): be ready to help to unload
Shipping Included for CNC kits within lower 48 US States *
(Commercial Addresses Only)
* some rural or inaccessible addresses may require a surcharge
To receive a quote for shipping outside the lower 48 states, please click on checkout and select payment
by phone (no payment information is required). This is not an order but a request
for a quote. We will respond with a shipping quote and ask for approval before
*free shipping to a commercial address or to a freight terminal in your area where you can pick up. Residential delivery is available for an additional $150 Please indicate a business name/address or "freight terminal" at check out for commercial rate.